In order to achieve optimum performance
1. Selection of the correct size of ‘O’ Clip is essential
2. Correct method of closure must be employed
Selection of Correct Size of clip is essential. The inside Diameter of the Clip should be approximately 0.04mm 1/64in larger than the overall diameter of the tube plus fitting in order to obtain maximum joint efficiency.
To achieve the correct results it is recommended that pincers rather than ordinary pliers are used. Purpose designed ‘O’ Clip Closing Pliers with induction hardened jaws are available from the manufacturers or stockiest.
SOME ADVANTAGE OF ‘O’ CLIPS vs WORM DRIVE & BOLT TYPE HOSE CLIPS
1. The strength and performance of a ‘O’ Clip is the whole of the steel section, and is not dependent on the single thread strength of a bolt, not or worm drive.
2. ‘O’ Clips are permanent and tamper proof. They have to be destroyed to be removed.
3. Low unit cost from design simplicity.
4. Lower production costs from faster attachment time.
5. Dimension tolerances are lower and more consistent than conventional fasteners.
6. There are no areas of stress concentration. The heat treatment and manufacturing processes ensure uniformity of properties.